Virteasy Dental by HRV Simulation works towards a strategy of developing our current product innovations within the industry of medical simulation. Specifically that of haptic and VR dental simulation.
What Makes Virteasy Unique?
We use more than just 3D models which recreate the same experience as a phantom head. There’s also a virtual scene and a virtual patient with potential for lots of different applications and learning objectives.
|Most Powerful Creation Tool|
Virteasy Editor allows you to create new exercises from our library of micro-CT’d teeth (controllable models for enamel, dentine and pulp) and intra-oral scans.
|DICOM and Segmentation Integration|
We are able to create visual and haptic models for new exercises from patient CT DICOM scans. Also the option to plan an implant placement on the scan.
|Custom Linux Build|
We have made a custom build of Linux Debian 9 to make the system secure, fast and ready for the future.
Currently working with big companies like Dentsply Sirona and Salud Two Ten Health to integrate Virteasy into the Digital Dental Workflow.
|Epic Games MegaGrant|
Epic Games, creators of Unreal Engine and the game Fortnite, have invested in Virteasy to bring it to Unreal Engine and test out VR headsets.
Any improvements accomplished will be freely upgraded for all customers of Virteasy Dental.
|Graphics Card||Professional 8 GB + Graphics Card|
(haptic rendering for tactile force feedback)
|Maximum Exertable Force 7.9N|
6-degree-of-freedom positional sensing
3-degree-of-freedom force feedback
simulation of various oral tissue types (differences between enamel, dentin, pulp, carious tissue, jaw bone, soft oral tissues)
Dental Implantology planning
Dental Implantology simulation
|3D Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 HD 24 Inches|
|3D Virtual Patient Simulation||Yes|
|Full 3D Environment (chair, room etc)||Yes|
|Integrated Curriculum for pre-clinical studies||Yes|
|Networked / Standalone Modes||Yes / Yes|
|Preloaded Exercises||Yes – 100+|
|Program Self- Optimisation||Yes|
|Simulation snapshots (save progress)||Yes|
|Student self assessment||Yes|
What Makes Virteasy Unique?
There are a number of factors which make Virteasy Dental unique in the marketplace:
- The location: Virteasy is based in Laval, France, home to the world’s largest VR event: Laval Virtual.
- The staff: Being based in Laval is no Paris, for example, in terms of population size (Laval is 50,000 and Paris is 2.2 million) but it is home to a fantastic university: IUT and the Laval Technopole. This means we are very lucky in recruiting hugely talented people from internships (un stage) and who have graduated.
- Our history: We have a great history of working on research projects which have led to Virteasy Birth, Virteasy Surgery and NAWO Solution.
- The Virteasy Patient: The first haptic and VR simulation to include the Virteasy Patient and a full 3D environment. This gives a more complete immersion into the simulation.
- Implantology Module: Virteasy Implantology is the only mainstream haptic and VR simulator that has a full implantology module with software to import and create new exercises from patient scans.